Fall Equinox Gathering: September 23rd – 25th, 2016
Our schedule for the Fall Equinox Gathering continues to grow and is filled with all sorts of exciting offerings. Here is the most recent schedule of events:
Friday, September 23rd, 2016
Yoga Nidra with Alison DuRussell
Mantra Singing with Crystal May
Saturday, September 24th, 2016
Yoga classes with Caryn Kilback and Sasha McDougall
Satsang with Trevor Yelich on “The Inquiry into Self”
Sign up Opportunities including: Pranayama with Bhawna Bhargava, Massage with Alison DuRussel, Marma Therapy with Caryn Kilback, and Hot Stone Massage with Jermaine McKenzie.
Nature Meditation and Fall Equinox Celebration with Kyle Bennett (Bring your instruments!)
Indian Curry Feast
Sunday, September 25th, 2016
Yoga with Mina Khan-Lee
Guided Meditation with Tanis Fishman
Crystal Bowl Sound Healing with Nicole Nicholson
~ Children’s Activities will be offered both Saturday and Sunday ~
We are now accepting registrations for this Gathering. Everyone is welcome, so please feel free to invite and bring anyone else who may be interested. We look forward to having you join us for as much or as little of the weekend as you are able to.
All of the details you will need for the weekend are provided below:
- If you haven’t done so already, we are asking everyone interested in attending to please email email@example.com with your name, anticipated date/time of arrival and departure, planned accommodation, and food contribution.
- Even if you’ve mentioned to us in the past that you are attending or interested in attending, or have signed up on Facebook, we would still like everyone to email these details to assist with planning.
- If you are arriving on Friday night, you are welcome to come any time after 4:00 pm to set up your tent/camper, settle in and explore the land. Events will start around 7:00 pm.
- For those arriving Saturday morning, we ask that you arrive by 8:00 am to be part of the Opening Circle.
- To ensure you are on time, we recommend allowing yourself 1.5 hours to drive to Wolf Willow from Calgary (directions will be sent out to registrants prior to the event).
- For those staying overnight, there are plenty of scenic areas to set up a tent and there will also be space to park campers.
- If you do not have a tent or camper, please email us to let us know and we can help find you accommodation for the evenings.
- If you would prefer not to camp, we also have a list of bed and breakfasts in the area you can stay at.
- If you would like to come but don’t have a ride to Turner Valley, please email us and we would be happy to help coordinate carpooling.
- Also, if you have an extra tent, room in your camper, or space in your vehicle that you would be willing to offer to help others out for the weekend, please let us know!
- As always, there is no charge for the weekend yoga offerings or for accommodation. All SCYC events run on a strictly voluntary donation basis. All we ask is that everyone contribute in some way to the success of the event, including a contribution to the food for the weekend.
- Food contributions can be the donation of dishes or baked goods for the potluck lunch or snack times. Alternatively, we will also be accepting donations to support the purchase of groceries for breakfast supplies and the Indian Curry Feast.
- In keeping with yogic tradition, all food will follow a vegetarian diet.
- Donations can be made by either credit card through SCYC’s Square Account or via cash provided on the weekend of the gathering.
- You can sign up for the service offerings on the weekend of the event. We will have a sign up board in the Community Tent.
- For more information on what to bring, please visit the Gatherings and What to Plan For pages of our website.
- At the end of your weekend, if you feel you have benefited from the experience through individual growth, expanded awareness, or your connection with others, you are welcome to donate according to your means to support the ongoing work of SCYC. All profits will be used to sustain SCYC for future Gatherings and to support our ongoing Karma Initiative work.
For more information, please visit our website www.sheepcreekyoga.com or the Event Page on Facebook.
We look forward to connecting with you soon!
The SCYC Crew 🙂